Sunday, May 31, 2009

Zbrush modelling!

Here are my first attempts at Zbrush sculpting. I'm a bit late getting on this bandwagon but better late than never? For those of you who don't know what Zbrush is, it's a cool program for high resolution 3d sculpting. I barely have a grasp of the tools or the potential of the thing. Basically I click things and grunt till the little gray mesh starts to resemble...men. Apparently I like sculpting men.

The first few shots are the initial result of this ham-fisted method of approach. The next three are a refinement of that same model hence the identical ears and hair. The ears are wonky looking because I don't know what the hell I'm doing.


3 comments:

  1. Grunting is key when sculpting men.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I just recently came across ur blog. you have some amazing pieces. anyways I love The Archivist piece you did for blizzard! keep posting plzzzzz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thx dave! i'll try. :) i took a look at your art. nice! where are you a student?

    ReplyDelete